Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, July 23, 2012

I guess it's about time for an update.  I have no idea why I go so far in between posts, but it's easy to do.     So, I'm 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant.  Everyday that gets closer to meeting my baby feels like a million years.  I know he's not ready to come out, and I LOVE being pregnant, but my impatience is starting to come out.  I'm just so ready to meet him and feel him in my arms from the outside.  It is bittersweet though.  Even though God has blessed us with this baby, I can't help but wonder if this will be the only and last time I get to be pregnant like this.  It makes me not ever want it to end.  I'll miss the tummy and being the only one who gets to know him and feel him move around.  I hope it happens again for us, but you just never know.  It's sad to think I wouldn't be able to ever experience this again. But at the same time, I'm so thankful for this little boy and I'm anxious to get to the next phase of watching him grow!  I can already tell he's going to be active since he never ever stops moving, even with his complete lack of room in there!  But I think it's close.  3 weeks ago I was dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced, and 1 week ago I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced.  I lost my mucous plug a few days ago and have noticed a lot more contractions since then, but none of them painful or anything.  He moves around during them and that's probably the most uncomfortable part.  He'll come out when he's ready and I'm completely ok with that though.  I've been off work for a little over 2 weeks now and it's nice to sit all day and put my feet up and feel everything he's doing.  I know the crying will be here soon, so I'm just enjoying the quiet :)  But I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment