Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Making Progress

So I had my first ever Dr's appointment last Wednesday.  She was really awesome and seemed to really want to help us.  She let me know that she didn't really deal with infertility, but she could help me get into the process.  For now, I'm being tested.  She went through the spheal about what could be wrong and what might be stopping my period from coming and everything.   I had some blood work done on Thursday to test some of my hormone levels and see if the problem lies in any of those.  I hope so, because I think it would be the easiest fix.  And she prescribed me progesterone to get my next period started.  I'm on day 3 of taking 10 pills.  So hopefully I'll get even a spot of blood.  She said that would be enough to consider a period.  And then I can start temping and try to figure out if I'm even ovulating at all.  I hope I am!  The Dr. started throwing around things like PCOS, and hypo or hyperthyroidism, which freaked me out!  I mean, I know what they are and that they are possibilities, but it made me nervous to realize that I was that girl, sitting across from the Dr., trying to get pregnant.  I had always imagined, as I'm sure every women does, that it would just happen.  And now I'm seeing a Dr, and being prescribed medicine, and getting blood work.  And I just never imagined myself here.  Trying.  It's scary.  We're coming up on 10 months of trying, but who knows how much of that was actually doing anything.  I just wish my cycles were at least normal so I could know that I'd have a next try.  It's one thing to ovulate and try and not get pregnant, but it really sucks when there is no guaranteed next time in any sort of close time frame.  Brian and I looked around in a baby store today and he was the most interested that I've ever seen him!  It's hard for him to get excited about things that aren't in the works yet, but I think he's letting himself get there.  He picked things that he liked and wanted to know what I thought about certain things.  But it made me really depressed to see all the pregnant moms and new mom walking around picking out all of their stuff.  I just want my turn...

1 comment:

  1. As horrible as some of the "conditions" or "disorders" sound at least they are an answer and a starting point for you! Once they know why your body isn't acting right you'll be one step closer to a healthy pregnancy! I think I was excited once I got my diagnosis because even though it's no good and makes pregnancy really hard to achieve, at least we know how to go about things. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete